[Twisted-Python] Re: In Defense of Taps

Jonathan M. Lange jml at mumak.net
Fri Feb 14 04:42:11 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 08:22:27PM -0500, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> I think I agree with you.  As I see it, TAPs are not particularly
> useful for developers *until* they're ready to distribute their
> applications.  Maybe they should be relegated to a section of the HOWTO
> on "How to distribute your Twisted application" or "How to run your
> Twisted application as a daemon"?

I can't say I've thought about the TAP thing a great deal, but I'd agree that a
howto on "Distributing your twisted app" would be a good thing.

However, the problem is probably deeper than this, as such a howto would have
to deal with almost all of the categories mentioned in this thread (Woven vs
low-level network, windows vs unix, etc). Hmm :\

jml