[Twisted-Python] Re: In Defense of Taps

carball at hush.com carball at hush.com
Thu Feb 13 22:31:44 EST 2003

>glyph wrote:
>Based on my experience thus far, I doubt this very much.  I'd be
>interested in
>a simple show of hands that indicates whether this is an accurate
>perception.

i'll preface this reply by stating that i am not a pro-programmer. .
but i've learned alot from reading twisted and following the t.tao. .

i think taps very useful, and that the docs cover their use well. .

mktap and twistd provide nice frontends to working with plugins. .
and i use them when developing servers. .

i usually tell coworkers ( sysadmins ) who are interested in twisted
but havent programmed in python ( or havent programmed at all ), to experiment with mktap and twistd. . and they think it's cool;
and by cool, i mean totally sweet :D

thank you twisted developers!
carball

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: