OT: debian packaging weirdness (was Re: [Twisted-Python] Woven howto doc bug?)

Moshe Zadka twisted at moshez.org
Thu Feb 13 15:27:02 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> wrote:

> Some packages are found to have such horrible bugs in them that they
> should never be used by anybody for any purpose whatsoever, regardless
> of who was unfortunate enough to depend on them.  I don't know if this
> is the case for those debian packages, however.

I'm making the debian packages.
All bugs in the packages uploaded to Debian are available on
http://bugs.debian.org/src:twisted
All bugs in the packages the Twisted team makes should be reported here.
Most are promptly dealth with.
The Debian packages are used in production on the twistedmatrix.com
site (if you're reading this via the web archive: you've just successfully
used the Debian package).
I'm not aware of any show stopping bugs in the Debian packages.
Please avoid spreading FUD.

Thanks.

--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.