[Twisted-Python] From factory to protocol

Kevin Turner acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Feb 13 12:04:37 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 06:08, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Now, the models I have sometimes create events which must be sent to the
> protocol again, but how can I access the actual protocol instance
> from the Factory?

You'll have to override the factory's buildProtocol() to have it store
the protocol instance someplace.  For an example, see
twisted.words.tendril.TendrilFactory, which I think has similar needs to
yours.  I don't think that code has been peer-reviewed much, so I won't
promise it exemplifies Best Practices, but the answer should be in that
direction someplace.

Cheers,

 - Kevin

--
The moon is waxing gibbous, 84.9% illuminated, 11.0 days old.