[Twisted-Python] win32eventreactor

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Wed Feb 12 15:43:52 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 09:35:34PM +0100, Thomas Heller wrote:
> How can I access the reactor if I want to use the win32eventreactor?
> It seems I have to win32eventreactor.install() before importing
> the reactor from twisted.internet, otherwise I get a traceback
> saying AssertionError: reactor already installed.
> Is this the recommended way to do it:
> -----
> from twisted.internet import win32eventreactor
> win32eventreactor.install()
> from twisted.internet import reactor
> ... other stuff
> Thanks, Thomas

  Create a tap file, and when running it with twistd, specify
"--reactor win32" on the command line.  In the rest of your program, do
nothing special.  Anywhere you access twisted.internet.reactor, you'll get
the win32 reactor.

Seduced, shaggy Samson snored.
She scissored short.  Sorely shorn,
Soon shackled slave, Samson sighed,