In Defense of Taps (was Re: [Twisted-Python] where to begin)

Neil Blakey-Milner nbm at
Tue Feb 11 07:28:05 EST 2003

On Tue 2003-02-11 (12:02), William Dode wrote:
> So, is there an example of a web server without using tap and twistd
> command line ?
> I would like to make a web server that could be embed in an .exe with
> py2exe. Like i do now with a litle hack of CGIHTTPServer...
> For this i would like also to don't use .rpy script of the file system,
> but just do myself the link between uri and my own scripts...

I've used Installer ( with
Twisted successfully.  This was on FreeBSD, but I'm sure it'd work just
fine on Windows. is an web example that doesn't use tap/twistd.

Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm at