[Twisted-Python] Fw: Re: Zope and Twisted

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Wed Feb 5 11:59:31 EST 2003

This his reply to my answer.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 21:47:26 -0800
From: "Pierre Johnson"
To: "Itamar Shtull-Trauring" <itamar at zoteca.com>
Subject: Re: Zope and Twisted

Itamar,

You didn't need to be a first-class, immature jackass as characterized
by
your response.

Perhaps I don't understand YOUR Twisted model of networking, which is
not
OSI compliant. The OSI model IS NETWORKING and all real Turing-based
computational systems that employ networking implement parts of the
model.
Perhaps YOU need to learn about the various layers of the model before
you
begin to bandy about the operationally defined words transport and
protocol.

Clearly, the folks at Twisted have their own meanings for transport and
protocol, which differ greatly from their KNOWN and ACCEPTED definitions
as
employed in the PROFESSIONAL programming world and the ACADEMIC
programming
world.

Incidentally, I was writing network-based applications when you were
still
in grade school.

I'll be sure to recommend to my Fortune 500 clients to not use a product
administered by essentially, immature children.