[Twisted-Python] Re: XML Parsing Error in tutorial.xhtml

Anton Vredegoor a.vredegoor at hccnet.nl
Tue Dec 30 09:52:17 EST 2003

Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:

>According to CVS, the version in 1.1.1 shouldn't have this bug (but 1.1.0
>would).  Is it possible you have an older version of the docs installed?

Yes. I installed 1.1.1 on three machines. One Windows 2000 machine had
a flawless install. Two Windows 98SE machines did not unpack the
documentation. Since one of the latter did have an older version of
the docs installed, there was an error as I described. The other
Windows 98SE machine just couldn't find the file at all, since the
docs weren't unpacked. Unpacking the docs "by hand" solved both

By the way, the tutorial uses a finger server as its example but the
Windows 98SE machines don't have a finger client, not even if using
Cygwin. I knew about learning curves, but nobody informed me about the
rocks along the slope :-)