[Twisted-Python] IRC Client examples... PLEASE HELP

JD lists at webcrunchers.com
Tue Dec 30 22:04:43 EST 2003

Hi,

   Has anyone written an IRC client in Twisted,  using protocol.irc?
Do I make a
"reactor",  or is a reactor only used for making servers?    All I need
is some
really simple code illustrating how to connect to an IRC Server,  doing
an "identd"
to satisfy some IRC Servers,  and then having a simple imput line,  and
an output
line...   It doesn't have to be fancy,  just some really basic example
code on how
to connect,  specify a nick,  joining a channel,  and typing text into
a channel,
and of course how to quit.

  Unfortunately,  no such example exists,  all the parts seem to be
there,  but none
of the methods in the protocol.irc.IRCClient appear to be implemented,
which
I suspect I would have to make my own sub-class...   but I have no clue
how to put
all this together.   There doesn't seem to be any docs that explain
this.

John