[Twisted-Python] .tac filenames configurations

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Sat Dec 27 14:56:16 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 14:51, RITA Y/O RODRIGO DIAZ Y/O BENENSON wrote:

> Is there a way to indicate in the .tac file which .log and .pid filenames the .tap file will generate ?

No, this is twistd's responsibility.

> If not, should not this feature be aviable ?

Well... For example, running NT service means no concept of .pid file
and log file might go to NT event log.

However, Application objects do have a name, and certainly it might make
sense to have twistd use that as the default, so for "foo" twistd would
default to foo.pid and foo.log to go along with foo.tap. Problem is this
would not be backwards compatible

How about adding issue to bug tracker, where we can discuss this.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org
Looking for a job: http://itamarst.org/resume.html