[Twisted-Python] Broadcasting UDP

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Dec 18 19:21:46 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 19:12, Hegedus, Matthew S wrote:

> yields a socket error 'Permission denied'. It appears the socket is not set
> up for broadcasting. Upon creation I think it needs something like
> SO_BROADCAST as an option. Can I get this behavior using Twisted UDP
> protocols or do I need to do my own socket stuff? Thanks,

For now self.transport.socket.setsockopt(...SO_BROADCAST) (or maybe transport.skt, check) will do the trick. Obviously this is breaking abstraction, but it does work.

Add an issue about this to the bug tracker and assign it to me, and at some point I'll add a transport.allowBroadcast(bool) method.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org
Looking for a job: http://itamarst.org/resume.html