[Twisted-Python] Asking for suggestions in new-new ftp server implementation

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Dec 15 11:03:17 EST 2003

Jonathan Simms wrote:
> I've got a newly-refactored version of FTP in my sandbox. I'm not sure,
> however, how to deploy it into the library. It splits the actual
> protocol code and the server-y aspects into two files, ftp and ftpdav.
> I feel that the protocol implementation should be separate from the code
> that integrates the protocol with cred, i'm just unsure about where that
> cred-code should go.

Hrmm, what is this cred-code? A protocol *should* have cred support
built in; generally, it should have a reference to a portal instance and
call the login method on it with any Interfaces it wants from an avatar.

IMO, you should be separating filesystem (i.e., "application logic")
code from the protocol, not cred support.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/