[Twisted-Python] Asking for suggestions in new-new ftp server implementation

Jonathan Simms slyphon at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Dec 15 03:24:35 EST 2003

I've got a newly-refactored version of FTP in my sandbox. I'm not sure,
however, how to deploy it into the library. It splits the actual
protocol code and the server-y aspects into two files, ftp and ftpdav.
I feel that the protocol implementation should be separate from the code
that integrates the protocol with cred, i'm just unsure about where that
cred-code should go. Also, there's been some considerable trouble caused
by the fact that my avatar implemenation is not windows-friendly. Any
thoughts on how to either adapt it, or if some kindly windows-user could
implement a windows-compatable version, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, on a tangent, the new (-new) ftp protocol refactoring in my
sandbox has much more complete code-coverage in terms of the unittests.

I await your suggestions before taking further action.

-Jonathan Simms