[Twisted-Python] passing data in callbacks or errbacks of deferreds

rahul at reno.cis.upenn.edu rahul at reno.cis.upenn.edu
Fri Dec 5 22:28:56 EST 2003

Hi Folks,
I have the following need. My program acts as a xmlrpc client using
the Proxy class, peeking at the top of a stack to find its payload. It gets
the payload by peeking and then sends it out on the network. What I want
to do, if the send was successful, is to pop the stack, and if not successful,
to resend the payload. Since callback and errback only tahe the succesful
response(message) or failure instance respectively as an argument, how do
I do this, as I am not able to access the stack inside these functions,
(I cant use a module global, as each program has multiple stack instances,
and i need to pass a particular one).

Am i missing something?

Thanks a lot,
Rahul