[Twisted-Python] deferred

vicky lupien vlupien at drummonddesigns.com
Tue Dec 2 14:56:12 MST 2003

I have a problem with deferred.  I have a wmfactory that return the
results of a sql query but sometimes it occurs that the result is an
sql-exception error because it's an insert query and sometimes the data
are already in the database. When this kind of error occurs, the page is
not render and I got an error.

Here's what I talking about:

class MessagePage(pages.BasePage):
    templateDirectory =
str(os.sep).join([pages.BasePage().templateDirectory])
    templateFile = "message.html"

    def initialize(self, theDeferred=None):
         # theDeferred is the results of an sql query of an other page
but at the stage of deferred
        self.theDeferred = theDeferred

    def wmfactory_theDeferred(self, request):
        return self.theDeferred   #here's where the error occurs.  When
the sql queries is ok everything is fine but when it's an sql exception
it breaks

    def wvupdate_message(self, request, widget, data):
        print data  # I don't want to just print the data
(self.deferred) but it's a test to see what's the problem

My template:
            <head>
            </head>
                        ALLO

The error I got when it's an sql exception:
_mysql_exceptions.IntegrityError: (1062, "Duplicate entry '12345' for
key 2")
how can I avoid this error?

vicky