[Twisted-Python] Internet services for online gaming teams.

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Aug 22 15:12:43 EDT 2003

I'm curious how you're planning to do the integration with existing
game servers, since those tend to be pretty tricky to communicate with.

And, I'll plug it again: many of the features you're describing are
already on the timetable for Quotient: http://www.divmod.org/ .  I'm
spending a lot of time on that these days :).

Twisted is an excellent toolkit for building these sorts of apps, but
don't underestimate the difficulty of the problem.  Especially, it
sounds like you need a loosely coupled, wide-area distributed,
peer-to-peer persistence system (or possibly, object database).  This
problem can be as hard as you want to make it, so you probably want to
have a slightly better idea of what services you want to provide beyond
"providing access to the same distributed persistent information".

I know because I've been thinking about this problem for the past 4
years or so and I haven't really come up with anything yet :).