[Twisted-Python] Twisted and curses

screwtape at froup.com screwtape at froup.com
Wed Aug 20 10:53:59 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 11:42:07AM +1000, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> I'm no curses expert, but I'd be interested to see if your cursesapp can
> simplify doc/examples/cursesclient.py... ;)

Meh. I spent an evening on it, and I'm still not sure exactly what
cursesclient.py does (other than 'demonstrate that curses and twisted
work together').

On the other hand, I *do* now have a semi-functional IRC client
written for curses that redraws properly when the window is resized
and everything.

I also have a much better understanding of why some oddities of the
Twisted API are the way they are, and a better understanding of why my
curses API sucks.

I guess I'll have a ponder and get back to it if I think of something.
*sigh*

--