[Twisted-Python] Encoding patch for twisted.web.microdom.Document

Francisco Miguel Colaço fcolaco at demnet.ubi.pt
Sun Aug 17 12:36:28 EDT 2003

  I have patched that class, in order to make the xml opening as:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

  One may choose the encoding by passing the encoding="my-encoding" as
an additional argument to Document.

  This is the only way I have for the site I do (in continental
portuguese, if that matters) in Galeon and Mozilla.
Here is the diff (I have renamed the original microdom.py to
microdom-old.py in order to test the server.

CUT HERE-------------
198c198
<     def __init__(self, documentElement=None):
---
>     def __init__(self, documentElement=None, encoding='utf-8'):
202a203,205
>         ## Add a default encoding.
>         self.encoding = encoding

227c230
<         stream.write('<?xml version="1.0"?>' + newl)
---
>         stream.write('<?xml version="1.0" encoding="' + self.encoding
CUT HERE-------------

  Maybe the same thing dould be applied in xmlrpc.py, since the <?xml?>
string is also hardwired.  Is this patch useful?

    Francisco Colaço