[Twisted-Python] Twisted and curses

screwtape at froup.com screwtape at froup.com
Sun Aug 17 11:21:42 EDT 2003

I've been toying with the idea of writing a GUI toolkit in Python with
the curses library. Obviously such a thing would have to be
event-driven, and if I ever wanted any network connectivity I'd want
to use Twisted.

Twisted does not come with a curses reactor, but with a little
experimentation I found out how to make the reactor's .listenWith()
method do more or less what I wanted.

Code is here (5KB tarball):

	http://members.optusnet.com.au/thristian/curses.tar.gz

You get cursesapp.py, a thin wrapper around curses setup, teardown,
and the eventloop, and test.py, a very simple demonstration program.
There's lots of comments and docstrings.

What do you think?

--