[Twisted-Python] Problems with wxPython and Twisted on linux

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Thu Aug 14 09:11:51 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 12:25:15PM +0400, Alexander Zhukov wrote:
> Hi. I've problems running wxPython with twisted reactor under linux.
> When I try to run the application with
>
> 	wxsupport.install(app)
> 	reactor.run()
>
> I get the following exception:
>
> [snip - traceback]
>
> Twisted version 1.0.6 and 1.0.7alpha4
> wxPythonGTK 2.4.1.2
>
> The same code works fine on windows. Any ideas how to fix it?

  This is a wxPython bug, IIRC.  It was discussed on the list several weeks
ago, but I'm not sure the final resolution was ever posted here.

  Could someone who remembers all the details sum them up in reply to this
thread (and maybe the old one, too?)

  Jp

--
Examinations are formidable even to the best prepared, for
even the greatest fool may ask more than the wisest man can answer.