[Twisted-Python] win32eventreactor problems

Justin Johnson justinjohnson at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 13 15:21:08 EDT 2003

I had the win32eventreactor working a while back, but now I have a
problem and I'm not sure what's going on.  The attached file installs
win32eventreactor as follows:

if not config.isUnix:
	from twisted.internet import win32eventreactor

When I run this I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\ccase\python\uhg\uht\process.py", line 13, in ?
ne 228, in install
  File "E:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\main.py", line 90,
  in ins
    assert not sys.modules.has_key('twisted.internet.reactor'), \
AssertionError: reactor already installed

If I comment out the line win32eventreactor.install(), I get the
following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\ccase\python\uhg\uht\process.py", line 60, in ?
    d = openProcess(["cleartool", "lsvob", "-s"])
  File "E:\ccase\python\uhg\uht\process.py", line 55, in openProcess
    reactor.spawnProcess(proto, cmd, cmd_and_args, env=os.environ)
  File "E:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\default.py", line
  168, in
    raise NotImplementedError, "process only available in this reactor on

NotImplementedError: process only available in this reactor on POSIX

As far as I can tell, none of my modules I import are trying to import
and install win32eventreactor.

I'm running Twisted 1.0.7alpha4. with Python 2.2.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  I realize the win32 reactor needs to
be rewritten.  Just trying to make due with what is there now.