[Twisted-Python] Deferred database transaction confusion

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Aug 13 13:26:24 EDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:18:07 -0700
"Lucas Taylor" <lucas at lucaserve.com> wrote:

> selectCustomer
> (do some work)
> updateCustomer
> updateBalance
> (do some more work)
> insertTxTable

do it in a runInteraction, which is the span of a single transaction,
and lets you do multiple operations. And you can use
reactor.callFromThread to communicate with the main reactor thread.

> Maybe what I'll have to do is keep track of every db update/insert and
> have corresponding balancing procedures so that I can do a manual
> rollback

Eeew, no, don't do that. Worst case roll your own database interaction
code using the threading support, you don't have to use
twisted.enterprise if it doesn't make sense.

Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting