[Twisted-Python] Sessions and URLs

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Aug 10 09:46:37 EDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 11:44:12PM -0400, Edmund Dengler wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>
> > "pattern match"?  No, we just use a dictionary lookup.  SessionWrapper
> > will already create a new session when the old one is no longer cached.
>
> If there is no pattern match such as "session-name:XXXXX", then how
> will you know if an entry is a cookie or a named child?
> Or am I misunderstanding this (which is quite possible)?

No, you've got it right, though your wording is odd (the session ID
isn't a "cookie", "cookie" means something completely different in our
context). I think the point glyph missed is that you're worried about
people visiting URLs with *old* session IDs in them, which is the same
problem I've been having.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/