[Twisted-Python] Woven and sessions

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Aug 8 01:43:13 EDT 2003

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 12:19 AM, Edmund Dengler wrote:

> Question 1: Can I suppress the "__session_just_started=1"?

Not at the moment.  It used to be off, but some browsers balked at the
redirect cycle.

> Question 2: Can I force a session cycle (ie, force /xxx/yyy to have a
> session?

It should happen automatically.  Isn't it?

> I also noted a page talking about sandbox and pathargs, and : separated
> arguments. Is this available, or should I look at creating a custom
> resource?

This is available in sandbox/cce/pathargs.py .

> What I am looking to do at the end is support sessioning whether or not
> cookies are being allowed, and to allow URLs to be taken.

"allow URLs to be taken"?  Say again?

> Question 3: I assume that all of this works similarly for perspective
> wrappers? I was trying one Guard example I found on the net, and I am
> having trouble actually causing the login page to appear (basically, I
> am
> using the "perspective-init" in the URL, and I seem to get some other
> web
> page with three input fields, rather than the supposedly specified
> login
> page).

PerspectiveWrapper is old, dying code.  Use the (badly-named)
UsernamePasswordWrapper.  An example is in sandbox/glyph/dynademo/ .

> Aside Question: Is there a way to setup default error pages? I checked
> the
> How To's and looked in the archives for a simple example, and couldn't
> find any.

No, but this is in the bugtracker:

http://www.twistedmatrix.com/users/roundup.twistd/twisted/issue135

Some patches are available.

Sorry for the dearth of documentation here.  The folks responsible for
these bits of code have been very busy lately :)