[Twisted-Python] SSL and Perspective Broker

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Sun Aug 3 14:18:55 EDT 2003

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:12:20 -0400 (EDT)
Edmund Dengler <edmundd at eSentire.com> wrote:

> It seems the SSL connection does not perform the
> handshaking/negotiation until the client tries to send a byte. Is this
> correct? Is this the way it is suppose to work? Is there a way to
> force the SSL handshaking to occur immediately?  Note: If I use
> OpenSSL's s_client or s_server, I can get the communication to go.
> That is, the handshaking is independent of who starts talking first.

There is a bug in current version, which is fixed in CVS. Even better,
1.0.7 has new connection API which is much cleaner and makes SSL support
more like other protocols (i.e. you use reactor.connectSSL), and also PB
in 1.0.7 will let you use new cred, for those of you who want to do
that.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting