[Twisted-Python] Win32 Service

screwtape at froup.com screwtape at froup.com
Fri Aug 1 04:20:14 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 07:05:09AM -0700, Mike Owens wrote:
> I am currently running twisted on an XP machine. What is the
> recommended way of running twistd as a service? Or should I just
> create a custom web script and run that as a service?

I don't believe twistd plays nicely with NT-style services at the
moment. If I had to make a Twisted-using Python script into an NT
service tomorrow, I'd be playing with py2exe:

	http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/

Obviously, that's more for setting up your script on your server
(farm) rather than for rapid development...

--