[Twisted-Python] Re: twisted web, documentation

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Apr 30 10:01:03 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 02:46:13PM +0200, William Dode wrote:
> Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> writes:
>
> > Send it to the list, or if you think it's too large, post it on a website
> > somewhere and send the URL to the list.
> >
> > You are welcome to send it directly to me, but then you'll miss out on feedback
> > from everyone else...
>
> A wiki could be ideal for this... examples and documentation draft.
>
> I post two times my example, and it's the first time somebody correct it,
> if i didn't look at the list (i'm very busy now) i could post the
> mistake again...
> Maybe somebody will look in the archive and use my first post with the
> mistake !

A wiki would probably be just as bad -- if people aren't looking in the list
archives for unreplied to patches, they won't check the wiki either, and
things would get lost.

The current recommended strategy is to post to the list, maybe post a
reminder (like you just did... thanks! :), and finally, if we still haven't
responded, add it to our bug tracker on SourceForge, so we won't forget it
for eternity.

Pestering random developers on IRC can work well, too, but that can require
a fair bit your time to make that work :)

-Andrew.