[Twisted-Python] Re: twisted web, documentation

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Apr 29 16:42:55 EDT 2003

[Brian Warner]
> [François Pinard]

> > [...] What is the purpose of `isLeaf'?  It does not seem to be called
> > ever, when I run your example. [...]

> > class ReportRequest(twisted.web.resource.Resource):
> >     def isLeaf(self):
> >         return true

> Oops. 'isLeaf' is a boolean attribute, not a function. [...]

Brian and Christopher, let me thank you both for your replies.

I did not find a presentation in the manual (but I'm far from having read it
all yet) about a tree organisation of resources.  Brian's explanation is
quite comprehensive, and in my opinion, should happily find its way into the
current Twisted book.  Is there someone listening, who is taking care of
such things?  We surely have good documentation material in Brian's reply!

I also found, by re-reading various saved messages from the list, that three
of them were especially instructive about the nature and justification of
TAPs, which are:

all having "In Defense of Taps (was Re: [Twisted-Python] where to begin)"
for a Subject.  Also likely interesting for users is:

In all these messages, and surely others, there is documentation material
that could be retrofitted in the Twisted manual (editing out some unwanted
parts and maybe rephrasing others).  Is there someone, taking care of the
documentation, to whom I should direct a copy of the above (if needed)?