[Twisted-Python] Re: Reloading of the same `.rpy' file

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Apr 29 14:19:41 EDT 2003

On 29 Apr 2003 14:07:25 -0400
pinard at iro.umontreal.ca (François Pinard) wrote:

> > The solution is often to put a reverse proxy before twisted.web.

Nope.

> I'm at lost here.  What is a reverse proxy in the context of Twisted?
> (Could you give me some pointers?)  And how does a reverse proxy
> (whatever it is) change the reloading behaviour of Twisted for `.rpy'
> files?

It doesn't affect .rpy's in any way whatsoever.

RPYs are designed to be reloaded every time. If you don't want this
behaviour, don't use RPYs - rather, create your Resource tree in memory,
rather than out of the filesystem.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting