[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted 1.0.4 - Heavy search for `plugins.tml'

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Apr 27 19:20:57 EDT 2003

On 2003.04.27 18:46, Francois Pinard wrote:

> Is Twisted modifying `sys.path' to include the first part of argv[0]?
> Or is it standard Python behaviour?  I never noticed this yet in my own
> scripts, but it might just have escaped my attention, and I might not know.

Yeah, it's a common misconception about Python, actually. Yes, Python always
adds the location of the main script to sys.path (the misconception is that
people think it's "the current directory" rather than "the location of the main
script", because people so often run their main scripts from the directory
that they're located in.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/