[Twisted-Python] Twisted 1.0.4 - Heavy search for `plugins.tml'

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Apr 27 12:27:02 EDT 2003

On 2003.04.27 10:58, Francois Pinard wrote:
> Hi, people.
>
> I noticed yesterday how heavily Twisted tries to find `plugins.tml'.  Being
> new to the game, and not knowing the motivations, a lot of things surely
> escape my comprehension, yet at first glance, it looks excessive to me
> trying many thousands of disk accesses merely to find a configuration file.

The thing is, it's not a configuration file :-) It's a plugins file. The point
is for applications to distribute one along with their packages, and just have
it put into their Python package directory, so there's no tricky registration
process required.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/