[Twisted-Python] Twisted 1.0.4 - Heavy search for `plugins.tml'

Francois Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Apr 27 10:58:54 EDT 2003

Hi, people.

I noticed yesterday how heavily Twisted tries to find `plugins.tml'.  Being
new to the game, and not knowing the motivations, a lot of things surely
escape my comprehension, yet at first glance, it looks excessive to me
trying many thousands of disk accesses merely to find a configuration file.

Instead of a long listing followed by a discussion about what could be
spared (like, for example, looking all over in `/usr/bin'), this simple
experiment shows the problem -- if you agree that there is a problem! :-)

$ strace 2>&1 mktap | grep plugins.tml | wc -l
   2814