[Twisted-Python] adapi.Connection._runQuery always does rollback()

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Sat Apr 26 10:07:22 EDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 09:55:46AM -0400, Eric C. Newton wrote:
> RedHat 9.0 on intel
> Twisted 1.0.4
>
> In twisted.enterprise.adbapi we find this method of ConnectionPool:

[snip -- runQuery always does a rollback]

The theory here, I believe is that queries are meant to have no side-effects
on the DB, so the rollback is done to guarantee this.  If you *do* want to
change the state of the DB, use runOperation.

> PS. This buglet brought to you by MySQL which does not support rollback(),
>     and tells you with an exception.

Then the database module you are using doesn't adhere to DB-API 2.0[1], which
adbapi requires.

-Andrew.

[1]  http://www.python.org/topics/database/DatabaseAPI-2.0.html