[Twisted-Python] Version support: a note

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Sat Apr 26 05:30:27 EDT 2003

Il sab, 2003-04-26 alle 11:09, Glyph Lefkowitz ha scritto:

> On Saturday, April 26, 2003, at 02:17 AM, Moshe Zadka wrote:
>
> > If we do decide to drop support for a widely-deployed version of
> > Python,
> > it is my firm belief that we should make setup.py fail loudly when used
> > with those versions.
>
> That sounds like a good idea.
>
> > I'd really like sarge's Twisted to support 2.1
>
> Why?  Doesn't sarge come with 2.2 as the default 'python', and pretty
> much every package compiled for it?

yes. default python for sarge is 2.2 (and there even was a discussion
about switching to 2.3 if a stable release happens before freeze [i
don't think it'll happen :)])

(the only reason for 2.1 in sarge is zope.)

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
  Gli avvoltoi cinesi si nutrono di arte, ma possono anche mangiare
   i `domani'.                                        -- Haruki Murakami