[Twisted-Python] SURVEY: For Twisted users, please answer

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Apr 24 22:49:17 EDT 2003

"Clark C. Evans" wrote:

> Also, someone posted that it didn't take too many changes to
> make Twisted 2.0 compatible.  Perhaps we should consider
> committing those changes.

'Twas I who said something like that, but I have to caution
that it was definitely not a case of making all of Twisted
run under 2.0.  All I did, as a spike, was to repeatedly run
our little test program, which imported about three things from
twisted.internet, and patch -- in the most hideously ugly but
direct manner that I could -- anything which complained.

I think there were about three complaints, two of which were
nested scope warnings.  To fix these, I simply removed the
"from __future__" statement and ran again.  I think the other
thing needed a stub/mock of some kind, with no functionality.
I supposed the code involved is either not being invoked (but
was giving syntax errors or warnings), or is managing to function
normally or near normally in spite of being invoked without nested
scopes working.

There are probably a *lot* of latent problems, but for our purposes
it seems to be adequate.  There's no way I'd translate this into
a suggestion any of these changes should be checked in though! :-)

-Peter