[Twisted-Python] Twisted 1.0.4 - Figures in the manual

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Apr 23 22:22:48 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:48:49PM -0400, Francois Pinard wrote:
> Hello, Twisted people.
>
> In the manual found as `doc/howto/book.ps', some figures are inserted in
> the text with a 90 degree rotation.  Despite this is not a great evil,
> they would appear better if not rotated.  There is one on page 10 (1.1
> High-Level Overview of Twisted); another on page 76 (4.6.2 Deferreds -
> Visual Explanation); another on page 147 (6.3.3 The Diagram), and maybe
> others, I did not try to be exhaustive here.

The rotation is known bug.  Thanks for the reminder, though!

> The figure on page 10 drops off the page, however, and this is more
> serious, as one does not figure out how much of it is missing (I mean,
> without looking at the HTML rendering of that section, which is OK).

This works ok for me locally (using a copy of book.ps I built myself).  I
suspect the hack I use to make dia scale down the images when converting to
.eps is broken with some versions of dia.  I've been meaning to find a nicer
way to do this anyway...

Thanks for bug reports!

-Andrew.