[Twisted-Python] FTP Server

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Apr 23 22:17:44 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:02:46PM +0200, Stefano Maniero wrote:
> I'm new user for Twisted.
>
> I've seen an FTP server module in twisted, but I see that the server will be
> re-written. There's some implementation of new FTP module?

Sadly, the new module lives only in my head at the moment.  I'd guess I'll
probably have it in CVS within a month.

Do you just want a simple FTP server that serves files from the filesystem?
If so, you may be able to use the existing code, but beware... it doesn't
have much access control beyond "authenticated" and "not authenticated",
which means that if you have anonymous access enabled, *anyone* use any FTP
command, including STOR, and so on.  If you want to use the existing code,
make sure to run it from a directory whose contents (including the directory
itself!) are read-only, even for the owner.  It *might* be safe to use then,
but I haven't rigorously checked that :)

What do you want to use an FTP server for?   :)

-Andrew.