[Twisted-Python] newbie -- trying to do async ldap operations

Tommi Virtanen tv at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Apr 23 02:12:06 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 10:30:38PM -0500, Allan Streib wrote:
> > Eek, polling is terrible. You should check out Tv's Ldaptor for Twisted:
> > http://twistedmatrix.com/users/tv/ldaptor/
> > It's a natively-Twisted LDAP client library.
> I saw that and downloaded the latest .tar.gz, but it was not immediately
> obvious how it worked.  There seemed to be no documentation -- did I miss
> it?  I'll peruse through the code a bit more; I'm all for not reinventing
> the wheel, but on the other hand I'm very happy with the python-ldap
> wrappers for the OpenLDAP API -- they've worked flawlessly for me so far.

	There's no HOWTO-style documentation (because *I* don't
	usually want to read such, so I don't want to write it), but
	there current head of the tree actually has decent
	docstrings. Here's a few links:

	API Docs: http://tv.debian.net/software/ldaptor/api/

	Main site: http://tv.debian.net/software/ldaptor/

	See the latest code: http://ldaptor.bkbits.net/

	There's also *13* example client apps, as of now.

	The search utility should be reasonably obvious:

	You also have this great mailing list to ask questions on.