[Twisted-Python] SURVEY: For Twisted users, please answer

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Wed Apr 23 01:54:13 EDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:

> 1. Do you require Python 2.1 support in Twisted? If so, for what reason?
> How problematic would a switch to 2.2 be for you? Please try to answer
> within a week so we can have some immediate info.

On Debian woody (stable), Python/GTK+ is available only for Python 2.1.
This means woody users would not be able to use the GUI clients in Twisted
(some of which are GTK+-based). In addition, other libraries which specific
developers might wish to use might be unavailable for Python 2.2. I can
probably conjure up a list of such libraries.

I've already made my position clear on IRC, but figured it should be
documented here as well :)

--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.