[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted 1.0.4 - `im' bug report

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Apr 21 20:49:46 EDT 2003

[Christopher Armstrong]

> Yeah, you weren't logged on, so there was no currentAccount (i.e., it was
> set to None).  If you want, you can add a check to say "if not
> self.currentAccount" and pop up a nice dialog with an error message :-)

I'm a newcomer to Twisted, and `im' is suggested right in the `README', that
is, really early in the adventure of discovering Twisted.  It would probably
be worth that Twisted polishes the first impressions it creates, or else,
that explanations like above be added to the `README' file. :-)

In that respect, what I want is a somewhat irrelevant.  Let's use some good
horse sense.