[Twisted-Python] Webware/Twisted experiment

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Apr 16 17:00:23 EDT 2003

In the webware-sandbox CVS (webware-sandbox.sf.net), in
Sandbox.ianbicking.TwistedWebware, I've put some code to run Webware
under Twisted.  This mostly subsumes the Webware AppServer, with Twisted
handling the threads and sending requests directly to
Application.dispatchRawRequest.

There's certainly some cludges.  There's a minor change to
MiscUtils.Funcs.hostName to accomodate Twisted, so the CVS version of
that file is required.

It's an experiment, because it doesn't actually offer anything we don't
have already.  It would be more interesting if we can use some of the
other protocols that Twisted supports.  I don't yet know how to do that
in Twisted, though.

  Ian