[Twisted-Python] code for game server

Doug Goodwin dgoodwin at powderfone.com
Wed Apr 16 00:51:37 EDT 2003

> Hi,
>
> I've been sporadically developing some code for a tic-tac-toe client
> and
> server upon which I intended to base a tutorial. I've not got around to
> starting the document, but I'd be happy to make the code available to
> you
> and/or any other interested parties.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Joe,

Count me in! I've been looking everywhere for code and a tutorial like
this, so I would very much appreciate a gander at your code.

I am building an application on top of a socket server that speaks
Flash-friendly XML. Even with my minimal knowledge of Twisted I have
built a working example on top of the simple echo server. I have a
nagging feeling that I should be looking at PB instead.

The next step is to add persistence with database calls. Working in a
strict asynchronous framework is all new to me. But exciting!

Thanks for all the good work,

Doug Goodwin
dgoodwin at calarts.edu