[Twisted-Python] twisted.news cleanups and tests

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Apr 13 22:06:50 EDT 2003

Peter Hansen wrote (on assert_() versus failUnlessXxxx() ):

> According at least to
> http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/testcase-objects.html it's merely
> a synonym for failUnless(), as all the other assertXxxx() variants are
> synonyms of their respective failXxxxx() methods.

Yes, sorry... my response was already obsolete before I posted it.
Shouldn't count so much on my (also obsolete) mail reader's threading
capabilities to tell me when I'd read all messages on this topic.

(By the way, I think there's actually a place for both forms of the
assertXxxx() and failUnlessXxxxx() methods.  Sometimes the logic
just seems clearer to write it (and read it) one way, or the other.
Perhaps that's a sign of smelly programmer thinking, but all I can do
is report on what I've experienced personally...)

-Peter