[Twisted-Python] twisted.news cleanups and tests

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Sat Apr 12 18:42:29 EDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 03:30:37PM -0700, Kevin Turner wrote:
> >     In the test cases, you also used assert_() (but just once, I assume it
> > was an oversight), which shouldn't be access directly by tests cases,
>
> says who?  why not?  I've always thought it was just an alternative
> spelling of failUnless, and that it has the dangling underscore simply
> because 'assert' is a keyword in Python.

  Says me!  Rar!  I thought we only still supported it because PyUnit had
it.  In any case, it *is* bound to the same function as failUnless, so it
makes no practical difference, and I'm certainly not the authority for
Trial.  Multiple spellings for the same thing sucks, though, and given a
choice between the two, I'd pick failUnless() any day.

  Jp

--
A disciple of another sect once came to Drescher as he was eating his
morning meal. "I would like to give you this personality test," said the