[Twisted-Python] Windows <strike>i hate it</strike> Process API

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Apr 8 20:34:11 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 11:56:29PM +1000, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> Do you have a use-case where the current string-joining breaks?

Yes. I was passing an arbitrary filename as one of the arguments to a
program in windows, and it broke when the filename had a space.

> And if a Twisted user really cared about passing arguments on Win32,
> wouldn't it be easiest to just let them take care of it, e.g.:
>     if sys.platform == 'win32':
>         args = ["one big string"]
>     else:
>         args = ["one", "big", string"]
>
> ?

I didn't think of this. This is a fine alternative to having a
separate API method for it. So, that gets rid of proposal for a new
method. I'm still thinking about implementing that warning, though, as
well as the auto-quoting.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/