[Twisted-Python] coding standard: plurals for database table names

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Mon Apr 7 18:39:29 EDT 2003

Il lun, 2003-04-07 alle 23:45, Clark C. Evans ha scritto:

> The only somewhat-convincing argument that I've heared for it,
> is that "SELECT * FROM people" seems to make more sense than
> "SELECT * FROM person".  However, even this advantage falls
> apart as soon as you add a where clause...
>    SELECT first_name FROM people
>    WHERE people.last_name = 'Evans'
>
> I like person.last_name myself...

from a non-native english speaker perspective... i don't understand why.
a WHERE clause can select more than just one persone, i.e., people.
using plurals seems correct and beautifull to me.

> I feel that too much standardization can be a bad thing,
> especially when they bring unnecessary complexity.

i don't seeany complexity in using plurals.

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
  We are all dust, Saqi, so play the lute
                    We are all wind, Saqi, so bring wine. -- Omar Khayam