[Twisted-Python] libivykis: Useful for Twisted?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Apr 7 13:57:47 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 03:54:20 +1000
Jeff Waugh <jdub at perkypants.org> wrote:

> "libivykis is a thin wrapper over various OS'es implementation of I/O
> readiness notification facilities (sich as poll(2), kqueue(2)) and is
> mainly intended for writing portable high-performance network
> servers."
>
> Useful for Twisted? (spiv was telling me about unreleased epoll
> goodness, perhaps this will help the Free World?)

Yes. Looks like we could use this as a basis for a cReactor, and
automatically get platform specific high-performance I/O. There might be
some benefit in a python reactor using a C extension, but that is less
certain.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting