[Twisted-Python] epydoc-breaking microdom bug

Jonathan M. Lange jml at mumak.net
Sun Apr 6 18:40:43 EDT 2003

I've just attempted to generate API docs for twisted using epyrun, which uses
microdom.

This fails when run with CVS latest, giving a "TypeError: unhashable instance"
when trying to hash a tuple of microdom.Element and something else.

At Moshe's suggestion, I removed the __eq__ methods from microdom in my local
copy, and generated the docs again. It generates the docs fine, but tests
break. Further, I was told that including the __eq__ methods makes the
behaviour of microdom incompatible with that of minidom, and that this is a
really bad thing.

I'm too zonked to patch things properly atm; could someone please fix microdom
and test_xml to not use / rely on __eq__ methods?

cheers,
jml