[Twisted-Python] Re: more thoughts on resumable async data flows

Philippe Lafoucrière lafou at wanadoo.fr
Thu Apr 3 08:02:04 EST 2003

Clark C. Evans wrote:

> Howdy.   I've made quite a few changes to flow.py and it's
> quickly approaching maturity.   To summarize, flow.py is a
> way to express sequential, streaming data flows that are
> interruptable as a collection of small, atomic operations.
> This is needed since sometimes an operation must block,
> flow.py takes care of resuming your flow at a later time.

how do you use it with adbapi ?? I mean, how do you use callbacks with your
flow ?

How does it work if a bloc has several inputs ?
I want to do this :

DS1 ---> FS1 ---+
                +--->  FS3
DS2 ---> FS2 ------->  FS3

Two datasources provide some data. Data are used to run Fuzzy Inference
Systems (FS1, FS2, FS3).

FS3 must wait until all its inputs are ready. Is it possible with flow.py ?
Will it be possible ?