[Twisted-Python] Zip Death?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Sep 30 10:04:48 EDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:49:25 -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <twisted at itamarst.org> wrote:

> Which is not what we're distributing anyway, so that's irrelevant - you won't
> be able to import the Twisted ZIP after these patches go in.

Ideally, what I'd really like is to create one "upstream" (in the debian sense)
release and then have packagers go to work on that one archive directly.
Regardless of whether we're releasing archives in .tgz or .zip or .sit or .arj
or whatever, Twisted isn't really "packaged" for anything but unix on a regular
basis.  The user-experience is almost entirely unix-centric.

As a Linux user myself it is unlikely that I will soon have motivation to
correct this deficiency :).  Is anyone out there in Twisted land willing to
take up the mantle and make a Windows- or Mac-friendly installation of Twisted,
at least for major releases?

If we are going to support importable ZIP archives, we should be viewing it
like this: it shouldn't be a full copy of everything that comes in the tarball,
just the installation relevant to that "platform".

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |